Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Concert Trip


The Concert Trip

On Tuesday, I went to Roy Thomson Hall for a noontime concert. This is my second time to downtown and I am not familiar with Roy Thomson Hall and how to get there. Following the teacher’s suggestion, I arrived at Don Mills subway station before 10:00Am, and I met my classmate there. We transferred at Sheppard-Yonge Station, and got at St Adrew station. In the train, I listened carefully the announcer who gave out the arrival station and nest station, looked the sign on the wall and referred the map, in order to know where we were. But I did not get some words such as Wellesley, Dundas from the announcer. I thought if I had not taken a map and miss the sign on the wall, I would have lost!
Before 10:00 we arrived at the Roy Thomson Hall, which is a really beautiful and special building. In front of the Hall, we met Joseph, and he led us walk around the block, and he told us some story about constructions of downtown. One of them is the famous CN tower. Standing among these buildings, I felt that I were so small. In the heart of Toronto, we saw a different Toronto from North York, and felt the modernity, bustling, beauty and crowding, of course.
The concert was start at 12:00 Am. So I thought that is why it was called as noontime concert. When the mass choir appeared, every one in the hall gave them a round of applause. The concert lasted about one hour. If I read more things about Gospel, I would enjoy it.
After the concert ended, I left the Hall alone. It was easy to find the subway station. I think everyone got something form the trip and the concert. “Read ten thousand books, travel ten thousand miles” as the saying goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment